Thursday, June 30, 2016

7 Minutes

Well, it's taken me a long time to come back and pick up on my endeavor again.  I constantly find that my knowledge is incomplete, and my mind tells me I should not be trying to share the knowledge I've gathered, so long as I don't have all the answers, and I still don't have them... but I know this can't wait...  because it may be YOU, or someone you know that's waiting for this...

A couple weeks ago I  RAN.  Yes!  I ran all of 7 minutes!  Does it sound sort of ridiculous?  Of course!  Everybody knows even a 5 year-old can run for 7 minutes, right??  Well, now try doing it without proper fuel for your muscles.  That's right, two years ago I was unable to run even for 60 seconds.  I had no energy in my muscles.  Today, even though I have not exercised for the past many, many months, I can get in a pair of shorts and run for 7 minutes straight, just out of the blues.



The reason I can now do it, is that my body is now powered by FAT.  I changed my way of eating so that my body can use FAT as fuel, instead of glucose like everybody else.  Like everybody else -that is- if you are one of those lucky individuals (now a rarity) not currently riddled by one of these: Carbohydrate Intolerance, Insulin Resistance, Hyperinsulinemia, Syndrome X, Type 2 Diabetes.

Next time, I'll begin to share my experience on how I became FATPOWERED.  Perhaps it will be useful to you, or to a loved one, as well...

Take Care!

Marlene Erdman

2 comments:

  1. I have been eating Ketogenic for most if 3 years now. I applaud your efforts! Don't give up. If I can help please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zachary! Thank you so much for your message and support. I believe this is an ongoing learning process, so walking the path with others and mutually sharing knowledge is definitely something I'm up for! At this point I've been eating Ketogenic for 2 years and still learning :)

    ReplyDelete